If you are in the military or a spouse of a military person, you have the chance to enjoy free or discounted services that help you live military life easily. The government gives its military service, men, women, and veterans, access to several valuable benefits like home insurance in 2019. Even the families and other dependents of the military members are afforded some benefits. The military and other federal agencies help them to manage life without many struggles.
Military persons and their families get to enjoy several benefits. These include:
- Health care: Courtesy of the military health system. It provides healthcare for military members, retirees, and other dependents.
- Housing: you are entitled to home loan and other grants from the Department of Veterans Affairs. You, however, pay for your homeowner’s insurance policy.
- Education: military members qualify for educational benefits which can be transferred to the spouses and children.
- Life insurance: service members’ life insurance covers members who are currently serving while the survivor benefit plan covers retirees.
- Job training and help: military members who are leaving the service get assistance to find civilian jobs.
- Retirement: military members who served for over 20 years are entitled to a monthly annuity for life.
MilConnect is a self-service portal that helps military members and veteran access several benefits and records all in one place. The portal helps you to:
- Get your military personnel files
- Update family members with the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
- Transfer education benefits to family friends
- Monitor your health care coverage
- Update both work and personal contacts
National Resource Directory
this program connects the military members and the retirees with the local support such as:
- Caregiver support
Financial Assistance Programs
Commonly identified as the consumer financial protection bureau. This program helps military persons in service and the veterans with financial matters like:
- Complaints filing
- Not falling victim to scams that target military members and former military members including veterans
- Understand and improve their money management skills
This program assists military members and veterans and all aspects of life. Military OneSource provides several services and benefits that include:
- Financial and legal assistance
- Job and education assistance
- Military child care and parenting assistance
- Assistance for military families during deployment
- Moving assistance for military families
- Military health and wellness
Military Tax Benefits and Tax Preparation
The internal revenue service (IRS) offers several tax benefits available for serving members, retirees, and veterans. The benefits include combat pay exception, tax breaks for dependents, and other deductions.
Tax Preparation Help
- MilTax which offers free tax preparation and filing system
- IRS which provides tax assistance and other services that help with tax preparations
The military does not leave its members alone to survive in the harsh outside world. It helps them, in conjunction with other agencies, to get through easily and give them some relief away from the already challenging military life. Military and veterans also benefit from other federal and state agencies such as social security, unemployment benefits, welfare and food assistance, and health insurance cover.